The “American Original” with 4-Point Sway Control™ and Weight Distribution
Made in the USA!
Towing a trailer doesn’t need to be a tense and fearful experience. It doesn’t have to be difficult. It doesn’t have to be filled with safety concerns and woes. The right hitch makes all the difference. It can turn a good trailer into a great trailer… and a great experience. Read below to see why the Equal-i-zer hitch is the best option for you.
The Equal-i-zer hitch uses a unique two-in-one design that combines weight distribution with sway control in one easy to use unit. The simple design has Integrated™ sway control to help minimize the risk of sway problems caused by passing vehicles, cross
How to Use It
The Equal-i-zer® hitch is simple and easy to use. With Integrated Sway Control™ there is no need for addon sway control devices. Hitching and unhitching are easily done from any angle. Install, adjustment, and hitch up are easy too!
Easy Hitch Up Steps
- Back the hitch ball under the coupler like you always have.
- Couple and lock the trailer.
- Use the tongue jack to raise the trailer tongue and tow vehicle until you can swing the arms into place over the trailer brackets.
- Pin the arms into place, and retract the jack. It’s just that easy!
Equal-i-zer offers different hitch based on the weight rating of the trailer you are towing. The options include:
- 6,000# GVWR
- 8,000# GVWR
- 10,000# GVWR
- 12,000# GVWR
The Engineering Behind the Idea
- Sway Control Brackets: Rigid trailer attachments work with friction sway control to combat trailer sway. Brackets are height adjustable to control the amount of weight distribution tension on the spring arms.
- Spring Arms:The spring arms serve two purposes. When raised onto the sway control brackets they transfer trailer tongue weight evenly to the tow vehicle. They also work with the friction sway control to reduce trailer sway.
- Downward Pressure: Downward pressure from trailer tongue increases friction sway control. Trailer hitch ball mounts here.
- Upward Pressure: Sway control brackets distribute weight by maintaining upward pressure on spring arms. The amount of pressure on the spring arms is a factor of trailer tongue weight and vehicle suspension. The friction sway control utilizes this pressure to control trailer sway.
- Friction Sway Control: Friction is enhanced by downward pressure from trailer tongue and upward pressure on spring arms. These opposing pressures come together to create an unequaled sway control system.